SHARE activities in this result area build upon the work of the related ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF) Task Force and the ASEAN-Australia/New Zealand Free Trade Area (AANZFTA) programme which assisted the development of the framework. To date, SHARE has substantially contributed to the body of knowledge on Qualifications Frameworks (QF) and Degree Structures in ASEAN through various research publications and policy on the AQRF, national qualification frameworks (NQFs) and their alignment to the AQRF. Following up on the findings of these studies, in 2021-2022 SHARE is commissioning a study on graduate employability and the contribution of student mobility. As part of a response to the challenges and needs identified through the previous publications on the AQRF and NQFs, SHARE is also commissioning a feasibility study on the development of a sustainable online training course on outcome-based education (OBE) in ASEAN, to further embed the concept of OBE as a cornerstone for QF development and an instrument to safeguard the relevance of curricula.
The SHARE Extension will continue to foster cooperation between ASEAN and European stakeholders by sharing expertise and dialogue through the exchange of experiences from both regions. An Expert Advisory Group consisting of ASEAN and European experts will guide and shape SHARE activities, including in the field of QF, and compile policy recommendations. All QF-related activities during the SHARE Extension will support key regional stakeholders, national authorities and related parties in ensuring readability and recognition of qualifications across ASEAN, as well as support the capacity of Higher Education professionals in applying outcome-based education to promote added value of QFs to HEIs and closer alignment with the AQRF.
National seminars on QF & QA will be organised in 2021-2022, bringing together relevant stakeholders from the ASEAN region to further promote the AQAF and the AQRF, and to discuss the state of their implementations. Each national seminar will be an opportunity for AQAN, relevant divisions of the ASEAN Secretariat, and stakeholders from ASEAN EQAAs, national ministries in charge of QF & QA in Higher Education and QA professionals from ASEAN HEIs to discuss and raise issues related to the AQAF and the AQRF, with specific focus on inconsistencies encountered during practical implementation.
DAAD is the technical lead of Result Area 2a (Qualifications Frameworks). Past SHARE events conducted within the scope of Result Area 2a include:
- A SHARE Seminar on Qualifications Frameworks and Quality Assurance in the Digital Era in Jakarta, Indonesia, click here
- SHARE Regional Conference in Qualifications Frameworks and Quality Assurance in Bangkok, Thailand, click here
- SHARE National Workshop on Impact of Qualifications Frameworks and Regional Quality Assurance Standards on Higher Education in Lao PDR, click here
- SHARE National Workshop on Impact of Qualifications Frameworks and Regional Quality Assurance Standards on Higher Education in Myanmar, click here
- SHARE Symposium on the Consequences of Regional Quality Assurance and Qualifications Frameworks on Higher Education in Thailand, click here
- Fifth SHARE National Workshop on Impact of Qualifications Frameworks and Regional Quality Assurance Standard on Viet Nam's Higher Education in Da Nang, Viet Nam, click here
- Fourth SHARE National Workshop on Impact of Qualifications Frameworks and Regional Quality Assurance Standard on Indonesia's Higher Education in Jakarta, Indonesia, click here
- Third SHARE National Workshop on Impact of Qualifications Frameworks and Learning Outcomes on Higher Education in ASEAN in Manila, Philippines, click here
- Second SHARE National Workshop on The Impact of Qualifications Frameworks and Learning Outcomes on Higher Education in ASEAN in Siem Reap, Cambodia, click here
- First SHARE National Workshop on the Impact of Qualifications Frameworks and Learning Outcomes on Higher Education in ASEAN in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, click here
- Inaugural SHARE Policy Dialogue, click here