In cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Kingdom of Cambodia SHARE conducted the second in a series of ten national workshops on the “Impact of Qualifications Frameworks and Learning Outcomes on Higher Education”, in Siem Reap, Cambodia. More than 70 academics, university managers and high-level education officials followed the invitation and discussed how to further implement the Cambodian Qualifications Framework and how to align the national system with the ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework.
The frameworks, which are being implemented at the national and regional level across ASEAN, aim at making learning pathways more transparent through the use of learning outcomes at all levels of education. The workshop in Cambodia focused on the impact of a Learning Outcomes-based approach, in particular on higher education providers.
Developing and implementing learning outcomes will be an ongoing process that also aims at aligning education provision with society’s needs. With its inputs the workshop provided concrete advice for the revision of curricula; discussions e.g. with stakeholders stressed the need for their continued involvement in the process of designing frameworks and writing learning outcomes,; linking up with the industry sector will help to enhance employability of students.
The discussions throughout the two days have shown that such a reform is a shared responsibility; policies would have to incentivise quality outcomes; universities would need to spend their own resources on revising curricula. Throughout the two days the participants discussed how to tackle challenges and how to coordinate efforts in the best possible way.
A concise summary report of the workshop’s discussions will be written and published in due course.
- AQRF and CQF by Prof Dr Cynthia Bautista
- AQRF and CQF by Mr You Virak
- Use of LOs in HE by Prof Dr Martin Valcke
- Use of LOs in HE by Asst Prof Dr K Tingsabah
- Use of LOs in HE NQF-HEd by Asst Prof Dr K Tingsabadh
- Use of LOs in HE by HE Hor Peng
- Accreditation and QA by HE Pen Sithol
- QA in TVET by Mr Khim Yorm
- LOs Stakeholder Roundtable by Dr Hay Hunleng
- LOs Stakeholder Roundtable by Ms Yann Sophorn
- LOs Stakeholder Rountable by HE Heng Vanda
- Harmonising HE in ASEAN by Prof A Brillantes
- Harmonising HE in ASEAN by HE Mak Ngoy
- Harmonising HE in ASEAN by Asst Prof Dr K Tingsabadh
- Harmonising HE in ASEAN by Prof Aris Junaidi
Share this Article